Quality & Safety
Your privacy is important. This information explains how we comply with privacy requirements.
Blackmores’ system for complying with privacy requirements includes:
- our commitment to compliance with privacy requirements;
- our policy and approach to privacy, as explained in this information;
- our resources allocated to privacy, including our technology systems and services; and
- our people and the training and education we undertake.
Collecting your personal information
Depending on your involvement with Blackmores, we may collect personal information about you such as your name, your contact details, and other information about you such as your age and health.
We collect this information when you contact us, or when we ask you for it and you, or others on your behalf authorized by you, provide it to us.
Where you prefer that we do not collect your personal information, we may not be able to assist you or provide services or undertake activities that we would otherwise provide or undertake.
Where reasonably possible, we seek to work with information and records from which personal information has been removed.
When we use and disclose personal information, in addition to complying with privacy laws and requirements, we comply with applicable laws including those relating to our products.
We also collect information that may or may not include your personal information, through technology and tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content. Those tools include services from search engines and other companies that help us to tailor our content, products and services to better suit consumers and customers. Search engines provide facilities to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to the use of those tools in connection with computers and other devices controlled or used by you.
Using your personal information
Generally, we use your personal information for our activities and business, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business. Examples include:
- providing information about our products and services, including dealing with any enquiry or complaint;
- providing information to professional practitioners about our products and services, including about how our products might be of benefit to members of the public to whom they provide advice;
- operating programs and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, including your personal information, with us and publicly (on the Terms applicable);
- providing you with marketing communications, newsletters and alerts, surveys and invitations and offers for products including new products that may be of interest to you (and if we do so, we will provide you with a way to opt out);
- to administer and manage promotions and competitions;
- to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or programs;
- for a business or professional relationship, we may have with you;
- if you apply for employment with us, to consider your application;
- to evaluate our products and services, and conduct consumer research;
- to amend records to remove personal information; and
- for other everyday business purposes that involve use of personal information.